The Bethesda-Chevy Chase Branch, part of the Association that marked its 100th birthday in 1982, was founded on May 20, 1946 and celebrated its 50th anniversary in 1996. In the Association’s Middle Atlantic Region, Bethesda-Chevy Chase Branch is one of 20 branches in AAUW Maryland.
AAUW’s original purpose continues: to support opportunities for women and to encourage its members as educated individuals to make substantial intellectual and cultural contributions. B-CC Branch focuses on four ongoing areas-education, international relations, community and cultural interests. In 2002-2003 it received Platinum Awards in the 21-Century Recognition Program from Maryland/AAUW and the Association.